Setting up Android Devices for VWCCWiFi
The Android operating system can vary by manufacturer or device. The screens used below are for a Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone, but any other Android device should be similar.
1. Turn on your Android device.
2. Select Settings
3. Select Wi-Fi.
4. A list of networks should now appear. Select VWCCWiFi.
5. Select Phase 2 authentication and choose MSCHAPV2.
6. On the setup screen under CA certificate choose Do not validate.
7. Enter your MyVWCC username under the Identity and Anonymous Identity fields.
8. Enter your MyVWCC password in the Password field and press the Connect button.
9. If your username and password are correct, it should now say Connected below VWCCWiFi.
Once you have entered the username and password information, give it another minute or so, then open a browser to check to see that you can now access the Internet. You should be successful. The only thing that may be required in the future is to change the password if you have changed your MyVWCC password.
If you can't connect to the network, go to a desktop computer and try logging into MyVWCC to make sure your username and password are correct.
If the username and password are correct, try turning off Wi-Fi and turning it back on.
If the above two steps don't solve the problem, try doing a cold boot. Power off the device, then power it back on, then check to make sure that VWCCWiFi is selected and try accessing a web page.
Any questions should be directed to:
Virginia Western Help Desk
Business Science building, Room M273