Setting up Android Devices for VWCCWiFi
The Android operating system can vary by manufacturer or device. The screens used below are for a Google Pixel XL smartphone, but any other Android device should be similar.
1. From the Settings menu, choose Wi-Fi:
2. Choose VWCCWiFi from available wireless networks:
3. In the VWCCWiFi set-up screen, select Please Select under CA Certificate:
4. From the dropdown list, choose Use system certificates:
(*NOTE: If prompted for server name, enter virginiawestern.edu)
5. Next, you will enter your MyVWCC username for Identity, and MyVWCC password for Password, (you should leave the "Anonymous Identity" field blank):
6. Choose Connect. If your username and password are correct, it should now say Connected below VWCCWiFi
Once you have entered the username and password information, give it another minute or so, then open a browser to check to see that you can now access the Internet. You should be successful. The only thing that may be required in the future is to change the password if you have changed your MyVWCC password.
If you can't connect to the network, go to a desktop computer and try logging into MyVWCC to make sure your username and password are correct.
If the username and password are correct, try turning off Wi-Fi and turning it back on.
If the above two steps don't solve the problem, try doing a cold boot. Power off the device, then power it back on, then check to make sure that VWCCWiFi is selected and try accessing a web page.
Any questions should be directed to:
Virginia Western Help Desk
Business Science building, Room M273